I have been loving the matte nail look but I found that looking for a matte nail polish that is good quality and not that pricey is really hard. So instead, I got the matte look at home using normal nail polish and steam. Here is a quick and easy tutorial that will matte-ify your nails using steam. Oh yeah, please excuse my nail painting skills throughout this tutorial, I’m pretty bad at painting nails 😛
1. Paint 1-2 coats of nail polish onto your nails. Let them dry
2. Boil water any way you want, kettle or over the stove. You just need the steam. While the water is boiling, paint another layer onto your nails.
3. Quickly pour the water into a bowl or mug and hold fingernails above the mug/bowl. Hold until your nails have gone matte. Be careful not to burn yourself
4. Dry and voila, you have matte nails!
5. Do the steps 2-4 for the other hand.
Easy, right? So don’t go spending money to buy matte nail polish. Just do this DIY and you can achieve the exact same look for less.
Have a lovely day <3
Please comment and share