Quick and easy hairstyles are perfect for those days when you’re in a rush or just for everyday use. If you are in need for one of these hairstyles, here are 3 quick and easy everyday looks that are effortlessly sleek and pretty …
My model for today is my lovely friend Jeneane:
You can start by curling you hair to give more volume. I used the VS Sassoon wave magic wand.
Things you will need:
- Bobby Pins
- Hair ties (little ones are great)
- Hairspray (if needed)
1. Create two sections of hair on either side of your head, behind your ears or behind your neck (depending on your hair length). Tie the rest of your hair out of the way.
2. Simply braid each side. You can do whatever braid you wish such as fishtail or rope. Secure with a small elastic band
4. Now with the second braid, position it so that it will cover the bobby pin and hair tie of the first braid. Then pin so that the hair tie of the second braid is under the first braid.
5. Take your hair out and position it so that it covers the ends of each braid. DONE!!
Fish Tail Braid with Messy Bun
1. Start fish tail braiding at a side part. Fish tail braiding is like french braiding just with two sections. First grab a section of hair at the side part and split into two. Grab a small piece of hair from the outside of one of the sections and cross it over to the other side. Do the same to the other side. Now instead of grabbing hair from the section, pick up hair and then cross that over the other side, like a standard french braid. (here is a video if you need help)
2. Continue french fish tail braiding until you have reached the ear, then fish tail the rest of the hair as normal. Secure with small elastic.
3. Create a messy bun and tug on the braid to make it looser.
4. Wrap the braid around the bun and bobby pin in place. Also bobby pin any necessary sections. Make sure the bobby pins are hidden.
5. Hairspray if needed and YOU’RE DONE! Take wispy pieces of hair out to create a romantic or softer look.
Faux Sock/Donut Bun
1. Start by tying hair up into a high ponytail but on the last twist only pull your hair halfway or 3/4 to create a loop bun.
2. Place the loop bun flat so that the ends of the loop bun can meet. Connect the ends of the loop bun together. (My fingers are where the ends of the loop bun are and the picture below shows how to connect ends)
4. Pin in other necessary sections.
5. DONE! A sock/donut bun look without the sock or a sock bun creator.
I hope you enjoyed and found this post useful. These 3 hairstyles are super cute and easy, perfect for everyday looks. A huge thank you to Jeneane for letting me play hairdresser for the afternoon! (follow her on instagram: @juhneen__ )
Don’t forget to comment, share and subscribe!
xx Julia Donnarie