Valentines day is coming close and a great way to show a special someone your love and appreciation is to make something for them. I think just adding your own personal touch to a gift really makes the present more meaningful and special. Here is a easy DIY that you can do this valentines day to add a personal touch to your presents. These tags can be used to go with roses, a box of chocolates or a cute stuffed toy. You can also use these tags for other events besides Valentines Day, like birthdays and christmas.
In this DIY you will need…
*Note: You can use any type of paint as long as you water it down. Also thick paper is better for this DIY.
Let’s get started…
2. With the piece of paper folded lengthwise, cut a half of a heart shape from the folded edge. Open up to reveal a heart shaped stencil. (see below)
3. Place the stencil on top of the piece of paper folded widthwise. The top part (curved part) of the heart should lined up with the fold of the other piece of paper. Secure stencil using a stapler or tape.
6. Let the heart dry (I used a blowdryer). Once it is completely dry, remove stencil and cut heart out but DO NOT cut on read lines because this will connect the front and back of the heart. (see below)
8. Punch a hole in the upper corner, then thread string through it.
9. Write personal message inside the flap and on the front of the tag. Make sure the paint is completely dry or else your pen will run.
9. You’re DONE! Tie your DIY tag on your presents ready to give to that special someone.
Hope you all enjoyed this DIY!
Wishing you all a happy valentines day xx I hope you all have a great day spending time with the one you love or sitting in your room eating nutella and watching chick flicks.
Don’t forget to subscribe, comment and share (follow @donnariecom on instagram)
xx Julia Donnarie