Formal season is coming soon and I have some “formal special” posts lined up for all of you. To start the formal season posts, here is an braided updo that is super chic and elegant. With the help of my friend, Bridget, I will show you how to achieve this elegant updo….
In tutorial, you will need:
- (Heaps of) Bobby Pins
- Curling wand (I used VS Sassoon Wave Magic wand)
Let’s, get started…
3. Continue to braid from the top right corner of the head to the bottom left corner of the head. As you can see from the picture below, continue to gather hair from the top of the braid but stop gathering hair from the bottom of the hair at about half way.
4. Continue to braid until the ends. You want to try to take the braid down as far as possible so it is easier to conceal. Use a clip to hold it in place.
6. Divide the remainder of the hair into 2 sections. Braid into 2 different braids so it looks like the picture below…
7. Wrap the braid in a circular motion then tuck underneath the french braid. Pin in place.
8. Then wrap the second braid (middle braid) around the first braid wrap. Pin in place
9. Finally, wrap the final braid (which is part of the french braid) around the two braid wraps. Pin in place.
10. Place more pins to make the updo more secure. Apply a veil of hairspray and YOU’RE DONE!
I hope you enjoyed that hair tutorial. A huge thank you to my friends Jeneane for helping take the photos and Bridget for being my lovely model. As you can see this hairstyle looks complicated but it really isn’t. It’s a easy way to look very elegant and sophisticated for your formal.
Stay tuned for more formal related posts!
Oh, and I hope you like the new layout xx
Please comment, share and subscribe x
xx Julia Donnarie