For those who are looking for a fresh and easy makeup look, here is my favourite look that I wear on the days that I wear makeup. This look incorporates a simple and natural smokey eye and light make-up perfect for an everyday look.
In this tutorial I will show you how I do my everyday make-up routine. This is the way I do my makeup so in no means is this the correct way. This is what works best for me to achieve the result that I want. Hope you enjoy this tutorial and find it easy to follow!
(Oh hey and look, no more braces!)
Let’s get started…
1. Begin with a fresh clean face
2. Using an oil blotting sheet, I like to get rid of the excess oil around my face. If you’re looking for oil blotting sheets, go to Daiso. It only cost me $2.80 and it has lasted me for over a year.
2. I then get my foundation (Revlon Nearly Naked liquid foundation, Warm Beige 200) and ‘spot’ it around my face.
3. With a stippling brush, I buff the foundation into my skin using circular motions
4. Now onto the eyes (please excuse the messy eyebrows). I first prime my lids so that the eyeshadow stays for the whole day.
5. Using the Maybeline Master Smoky eyeliner, make a thick line along your upper lash line. Don’t worry if it’s messy. Then smudge out the eyeliner using the smudging tool at the other end of the eyeliner stick.
6. Combine a taupe and a light-brown colour and apply it on the lids, further blending out the eyeliner line. (Palette shown below is NYX love in paris)
7. With a darker brown, apply it to the outer corner of your eye, blending it into the crease. Use a blending brush to soften everything so that there are no harsh lines.
8. To finish off the eye look, I do my favourite winged eyeliner (tutorial here) and apply mascara (I used CoverGirl LashBlast fusion waterproof mascara). There you have a simple smoky eye.
9. Back to the face. I then contour my cheekbones using the Maybeline Dream Terra Sun bronzer.
10. I then powder my face with Rimmel Stay Matte Translucent powder, to seal in the foundation.
11. I moisturise my lips with my favourite lip balm from the Body Shop. This stuff smells ah-mazing.
12. Then I apply my favourite Tanya Burr Lip gloss.
13. Final step I do is use a blotting sheet to pat down my lips. This helps it stay on for longer throughout the day. and DONE!
Don’t forget to subscribe, share and comment!
Love you all,
xx Julia Donnarie